Music Teacher in Sathyamangalam , Tamil Nadu.
Shankar Mahadevan Academy’s mission is to spread the Joy of Music. The Academy looks for passionate and enthusiastic teachers who take students through their musical journey with guidance and care. This position requires the individual to be highly motivated and dedicated to imparting knowledge with a single-minded focus to imbibe and hone the latent talent of students in the Academy. The teacher will promote and nurture the education of students by planning lessons of study according to guidelines, monitoring, assisting with the academic efforts of the student and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
Location: Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu. This position is for an music teacher, based out of our affiliate school in Sathyamangalam, Tamil Nadu.
Engagement: Teacher would be required to work as per timeslots provided by the Academy.
Work Schedule for the teacher: Teachers would be required to work in school from Monday to Saturday, with Saturday being a Half Day.
Accommodation : It will be provided by the Institute.
- Basic classical music background in Hindustani or Carnatic music and understanding of different genres of music such as folk, pop and light music.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience teaching music
- Passion to teach
- Ability to demonstrate the exercises related to the topic
- Able to listen and understand student's requirements
- Must be able to customize and teach according to the students' needs
- Strive to bring about the desired change in the student to a satisfactory level.
- Collaborative teaching, comfortable with technology (using the internet/computers)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good classroom management capability
- Resolving conflict
- Presentation skills, self- motivated and ability to motivate others
- Good listening skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Educate students by planning and course of study according to curriculum guidelines of the academy.
- Imparts quality learning to the students & monitors, assists and grades student results by preparing assignments conducting standardized tests in collaboration with the course director.
- Ability to match the course pace along with the pace of the students' learning ability.
- Incorporate innovative methods of teaching to make learning fun.
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings, reading musical publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in musical organizations & teacher audits
- Enhances the reputation of the academy by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Send your cover letter , recordings and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the email subject line.